1. What is a Sync?
All you need to know before creating a sync
2. Implementing a new sync, step by step
1 - Create a new Sync
From the left Menu, click on “Syncs”, then click click on “Add sync” at the top right.
2 - Choose your Dataset
Step 1 - Select the Dataset you want to sync
First, you will be invited to choose the dataset you wish to connect with for this sync amongst the datasets you have previously created.
In case the dataset you need is not available in the above list you have the option to Add a “New dataset”.
If you need further information about it, you can check our Help Center page to create a new dataset.
Step 2 - Add filter (optional)
If you don’t want to Sync all the data in a given Dataset, you can turn on the Segment feature in order to apply filters.
On the right above the dataset table, you have access to a list of filters you can use to segment your data.
Choose the filter you need, and then a pop-up will open and ask you for the operator associated. Click on the operator that fits your use case and click “Apply Filter”.
For some specific filters, you will need to add a value also.
If you believe this filter will be useful for another time, you can save it as a quick filter. You just have to tick and name your quick filter
Check on your table your dataset if possible in order to avoid any mistakes.
Then press “Continue” to access the next step.
3 - Sync the Dataset to a Destination
Step 1 - Choose the Destination
The objective here is to choose the fields from your data source that will be exported to your destination tool.
As said before, you can choose among our destination connectors for software like: “Splio”, “Zendesk”, “Salesforce”, “Facebook Ads”, “Google Ads”.
Step 2 - Where do you want to sync the Dataset to?
Depending on your Destination, you will be invited to choose among different options:
Step 3 - Which fields should be synced?
The objective here is to create a mapping of the fields you want to sync between your Dataset and your Destination :
- In the Dataset column, select the field you want to Sync
- In the Destination column, select the name of the field in your software
After mapping your first field you can add more by clicking on the Add Mapping button.
Note that you can also send a Static value into a given field of your destination, which can be very convenient for some specific use cases.
3 - Settings
- The first step is to give a name to your Sync.
- Then in response to “What should we do when a record leaves the Dataset?” you can choose to: Do nothing or Delete the corresponding record in the destination.
- You also need to decide whether you want to sync your Dataset in real-time, in a regular interval, or just run it manually once.
- If you feel ready to activate your Sync, just make sure that the toggle is on, otherwise, you deactivate Sync to save your settings and come back later.
- Finally, click on the “Add sync” at the top right.