List of statuses
Once you launched a transformation, you can see the “Transformation status” in the List Summary view.
Some explanations to understand the different statuses:
- Queued: Initial status just after launching the transformation. This status means that the workflow is scheduled, but ListFlow did not started to process the contacts. Generally, this step last about few seconds to few minutes.
- In progress: Easy to understand, we are currently “processing the contacts”. it means that we are running various operations, especially calls to external API, on your contacts. This step may last few dozen minutes, because it can take quite long to get an answer from some external APIs.
- Complete: The transformation is finished, you can download final results.
The whole transformation process can take a lot of time. For example, you may need few dozen minutes to process a list with more than 1,000 contacts.
Few things to understand on this issue:
- Time and list size are not proportional. Because we process contacts by batches of thousands of contacts, the whole speed does not depend on contacts number, but more on external API speed.
- When the transformation is “In progress”, we display the number of contacts that have been processed. Please note that the number of contacts processed does not indicate the progress realized. Because most external API process contacts in batch, the number could remain stuck on “0 / 100 contacts processed” during a while, and then moves to “Complete” status very quickly.